Network Planning Engineer
Our Network Planning Engineer will be responsible for technical definition and implementation coordination of access projects in Sub Saharan Africa, as well as identifying promising technological solutions for the markets.
Job Purpose: managing and defining tools for network planning and delivery; engaging with customer technical staff to define requirements and incorporate into network design; working with local stakeholders on identification and acquisition of suitable sites for deployment of equipment aggregation sites; coordinating with equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Identify/evaluate appropriate technologies and solutions to meet the current and future requirements of the market.
- Engage with customer technical staff to define their requirements and incorporate the same into the overall network design.
- Coordinate with customer technical team and other local stakeholders on identification and acquisition of suitable sites for deployment of equipment aggregation sites.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on all activities related to implementation including communications and engagement with equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Provide support to cross functional teams for all network handover activities.
- Manage and define tools for network planning and delivery.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computing, Telecommunications Engineering or related qualification (in lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- At least four years experience in a network design/planning role in an operator environment.
- French and English language skills.
- Current knowledge and four years hands on experience of core and access transmission network design using SDH, DWDM and IP technologies.
- Current knowledge of telecommunications technologies including SDH, DWDM and IP, 2G / 3G backhaul networks.
- Deep understanding of IP network protocols like BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS and SDH network protocols like GMPLS, ASON, SNCP and MSP
- Distinctive analytical skills and ability to present and communicate with highly technical team.
- Understanding of local population dynamics and relationships and how to manage those relationships to best serve project needs.
- Creativity and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
- Excellent technical acumen and a strong sense of focus, organization, meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to guide others to deliver outstanding results in a timely manner.
To apply – send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject field.